Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Live set 2022

This year's been a strange one for live stuff. In March I set out on my own for the first time as satan, and did a few dates up and down the UK. They were hard work, I'll not lie. Really fun, and was great to meet some friendly faces old and new, but having to book shows yourself, and in 99% of cases, having to promote the shows yourself (that means being the band, the promoter, the tour manager, the door guy, the sound tech, the driver, poster designer, PR guy, etc.) is a hell of a lot of work for one person with a full time job to take on. 

So after that, and having seen the changing landscape of live shows in the UK first hand, I thought I'd give it a rest and just do the few bits I had after that and call it a day for a little bit. I did a show for the Endless Hum in my hometown of Shipley, a slot at ArcTanGent festival, and a support slot with my dudes Gallops down in London. After those I was fucking tired. I'm old now you know! *Adam Curtis voice* but then, something happened. Well, it's not as dramatic as that, but I was offered a chance to support Mono in Leeds at City Varieties, to which I obviously said yes, and then finally was asked to step in last minute to a mini Endless Hum upstairs at The Triangle in Shipley, supporting French EBM act Leroy Se Muert.

Just before that last minute step in, I recorded the live set, as I realised I'd not done that yet, and with the fragility of booking things yourself and being the ultimate one man band, I figured it was in danger of being lost forever as I'd no doubt either move on to a new live set for next year, or just not play for a little bit.

SO... here it is, in all it's glory. A practice session recorded before that Triangle show, set to various shots of my studio or live photos from my escapades all year. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment