Monday, July 5, 2021

Live 2021

Today I uploaded the last of the Live 2021 videos. It's a fifteen minute behemoth, a re-do of 2007's live favourite The Butterfly Effect. That used to have big, chunky guitars, riffing out as the pinnacle of the satan set - all glitchy drums and huge crescendos. I've calmed it down a bit these days, but still tried to maintain that 'big' energy that it used to have - it's fucking fast too, so it's hard to not give it an epic feel.

As you can see in the video, I'm desperately trying to hold on, doing the bassline, drums, guitar and a bit of synth too - I hope I got it right, it sounds pretty good to me. It's a tough one to do, considering the others all have a similar pattern with how to put them all together.

Anyway, here's the full set - all 5 tracks in one handy playlist on Youtube, sequenced as I would've played them had I been on tour, playing them in venues:

 


I've really enjoyed putting these up, and had a lot of fun recording the set. I really hope I can play it sometime soon. I'll maybe put up the recordings as a live album on my Bandcamp too, just so you can all listen to my infernal noodlings on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment