Friday, March 6, 2020

bte

Introducing a new album... say hello to Bradford Telephone Exchange.


Now, I know what you're thinking: fucking hell Gavin, how many albums is this now? Can you slow down a bit?! And I'll answer that by saying - yes, I know things have gone a bit mental, but I assure you there's only like 3 more things out this year. Maybe 4. 5 at a push. Definitely no more than 7. I think.

Joking aside, this one's been in the works for quite a while. In fact, I think I finished it off last spring, and it's sat in the release queue ever since. To be fair to Paul at Shimmering Moods (a label I love very much), he told me that he was quite pushed, but did want to put it out, so I left it with him, and that was kind of that. Big love to him, his label is consistently incredible, and just to be a part of it is absolutely wonderful, and I'm forever grateful that he wanted to take a punt on it!

I wrote and recorded it last year, when the band was still a duo, so this record has a very guitar-based feel, as I didn't want it to impact on satan in anyway. Then the band became just me, and so it gets harder to seperate where one starts and the other ends. I'm hoping this sounds enough like just me, or at least something else than satan, that it won't just be a matter of a knock-off satan record anyway.

Sophie played a bit of violin on there, and it really elevated the tracks into something much nicer I think. Oh, and the Telephone Exchange is a real building too. It's on Sharpe street, just opposide the Media Museum. Here you go, have a look around on google maps.

Anyway, the record is available for pre-order now, and is out in full on Monday! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment