Wednesday, December 18, 2019

tiif 2019

Every year, I put out a compilation album of everything my label has released that year. It's been going since 2014, and whereas they used to be sort-of fundraisers for the up-coming releases on the label, I thought this year I should do it differently. They're always pay-what-you-want, but people often chip in a few quid, which kept the bank account healthy enough to press stuff up, or to pay for PR and things like that.

This year though, I decided against all that. PR can wait, and the pressings are never a massive amount of money, so I thought I'd donate whatever came in to charity. The UK is pretty much fucked at the moment, so to keep the quids that people chipped in and spend them on tapes would be pretty fucking ludicrous to be honest. Anyway, so I picked Shelter, as winter is brutal, and no-one should be without a home in this weather and at this time of year.

So far, the comp has raised £146 for Shelter, which is just awesome. I'd like to say a massive thank you to all who chipped in, and to all who spread the word too, as I know not everyone's in a position to donate. I'll keep an eye on anything else that comes in, round it up, and send it over to Shelter.


No comments:

Post a Comment