Monday, December 23, 2019

football

If you know me at least a little bit, then you'll know that ever since I was a kid, I've supported Aston Villa. For the uninitiated, they're a bit of a fallen giant in the UK football league: a once mighty force - cup and league winners, destroyed by poor management and left to languish in the 2nd division, otherwise known as The Championship.

This season though, the good times came back, and we appointed a manager who used to be a fan when he was a kid, kept hold of our best player, another Villa fan Jack Grealish, and managed to sneak promotion to the Premier League.

Fast forward a few months though, and we're almost bottom of the league, and a genuinely terrible team. I went down to see them at the weekend with Sophie, and couldn't believe my eyes. Anyway, afterwards, I went on The Villa View (a popular youtube channel and podcast) to have a whinge on their Fan Cams. I pop up intermittently and manage to close the video with the phrase "squeaky bum time".

Lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment