Friday, October 14, 2022

DYMWPAVO

It's that time again... new release day!

This time, a little bit like last time, it's a single. It's called Dude, You Might Wanna Put A Vest On, and it's out now everywhere (but PWYW on Bandcamp if you're feeling generous)


It's a gnarly little techno stomper thing, made earlier this year. When you've no real 'investment' in the music biz (ie. no manager, label, agent, etc) you can sort of do whatever you want, which is why I've been experimenting with different release methods and stuff lately. Sort of like how I made two albums worth of material, but sequenced them as two really long tracks when I did Circles 1 & 2, or how I can easily just make up some tapes and have them out a week later. It's fun, but obviously not without its drawbacks.

For these two recent singles (Patterns and Dude... were both made at the same time-ish), I thought I'd have a bit of fun and get out of my comfort zone a bit. Try a few new things, step out of my little ambient bubble and get a bit sweaty in the techno world again, and in the case of Patterns - try melding ambient spoken word dreaminess to frenetic breakbeats. All part and parcel of being/ doing worriedaboutsatan I suppose. I did toy with the idea of doing Dude under a pseudonym, but seriously, who has the time for shit like that anymore? Not me, I'm old, lazy and cantankerous, so just thought I'd subject you lot to it instead ;) 

Anyway, I hope you like it. It was a lot of fun putting it all together, and if you know where the title's from, drop me a line and I'll give you a download code to something off the satan store gratis.

Enjoy, and I'll see you soon for another ambient album lol

No comments:

Post a Comment