Monday, May 11, 2020

Release Day Roundup

On Friday, the seventh worriedaboutsatan album, Time Lapse, was released into the world. It was really nice to see and hear so many people enjoy it, and awesome to finally have these tracks out.

Anyway, as these things tend to do, everything got caught up in a bit of a backlog, as there was just so much going on at once, so I'll attempt to log it all here, mainly for my sake, but I thought it'd be an interesting little stroll around the album regardless.

Prog Magazine reviews the album. Some great quotes in there. My favourite is "four lengthy multi-tiered mood cathedrals built on densely ominous drones" - that's a cracker. Massive thanks to Prog for featuring it too.

I had a chat with Sean at MusicTech Magazine, and told him all about how I make tunes. One here for the musicians amongst you - in this piece I talk about how my cavernous collection of modular synths and drum machines, coupled with my array of high powered mac products enables me to create satan albums. Just kidding, it's actually a riff on how little gear I actually have, but am fine with that.

Here's a really nicely written review of the album from Nothing But Hope And Passion. My favourite bit is "A record to dive in and let go, without any bursting crescendos or epic guitars. Instead a steady pulsation without de- or acceleration, providing a certain calmness and thus creating a mood, somewhere between uncertainty and anxiety". Nice.

Another nice write-up from Birthday Cake For Breakfast here. "Dark, brooding but with large glimpses of hope and beauty, this rings with relevance and comfort"

Drifting Almost Falling also gave it a thumbs up here. "Miller is no rush to get to the various hooks and treats you will come across, instead he revels in using time to build pieces that make their length immaterial... Miller makes time an arbitrary concept and you just don’t feel like you are listening to pieces that go on and on and on."

Also, and this is a big one as I've had loads of questions about it- the album is available from a variety of places. If you live in the UK or Europe, don't feel that you need to spend a bazillion pounds on import shipping from the label Bandcamp just because it's Bandcamp. n5MD have worldwide distro, so if you're after a CD or a 12", and you're not in North America - please, please, check out this list I made of various shops around the globe stocking it: https://blogaboutsatan.blogspot.com/2020/04/pre-orders.html 

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment