Thursday, April 22, 2021

Für Immer

 Hi!

There's a new satan track out in the world today, taken from the new album Providence. It's called Für Immer, and sounds like this:


It's had a pretty tortured existence, this track. It was originally part of this batch of demos I put together because a label I was talking to had mentioned they wanted to get into the ambient techno area. Knowing I'd done a fair bit of that in my time, they wanted something like that to put out. So I rolled up my sleeves but suddenly thought "fuck, I've not done this in ages" - I was rusty. Rusty as all hell, and after listening to them after the dust had settled, it's no wonder the label didn't want them.

I did manage to get another track from the album out of those sessions - one called Just To Feel Something - so it's not all bad, but I had this thing (originally called 'Spiral' for some reason) that had a good enough feel to it, but was just put together really badly. So I did what I always did, and slowed it down. I do this all the time with things I'm not quite feeling - I'll slow it down and take a load of stuff out of it, strip it back and see what happens. This time it worked really nicely, and went on a sort of múm style trip, featuring foggy atmospheres, cracked pianos and clicky crackles. So I re-named it Für Immer (a nod to my German roots) and put it on the album I sent to the same label. Thinking I'd blown it with them with those disastrous techno experiments, to my surprise they said 'yes!' great! Although, then they didn't put it out and never spoke to me again, but still! 

Get your pre-order for Providence on the altogether nicer Box Records here btw: box-records.com/album/providence

No comments:

Post a Comment