Thursday, January 7, 2021

An Tiaracht

Howdy!

Well 2021's off to a banger isn't it? Picked a hell of a day to announce a new release didn't I? Oh well.

Anyway... here's the first bit of new satan material for the year - a track called An Tiaracht. It's part of a split tape with Charlie Coxedge, and is out on my own This Is It Forever label on Jan 22nd. Charlie took side B, and weaved this gorgeous looped ambient guitar piece called Who Is To Say, and I basically wanted to make a wall-of-synth style thing, which I think I've managed to do. I guess you'll be the judge of that. 

Here's the cover I made, which I thought was pretty good. Quite like using text in weird ways now, after years of just thinking 'yeah, that's a nice picture - use that as the cover. no text' as a template for releases:


The name, incidentally, comes from this tiny island off the coast of Ireland. I discovered it on one of my usual wikipedia rabbit holes, but just look at it:


It's deserted now, but had a functioning lighthouse and small living quarters for people to work there. The buildings are all still intact, but it's only birds that inhabit the place now. 

Tape is out Jan 22nd, pre-orders open on the 15th!



No comments:

Post a Comment