Surprise!
A new album, out right this second for your listening pleasure:
It's called Outland (fans of the Peter Hyams sci-fi film starring Sean Connery may be disappointed that it has little to do with that, other than me nicking the title off it) and it's being released by the brilliant US based label Constellation Tatsu.
It's out right now as part of their fall (aka autumn) batch of albums, alongside new ones from IKSRE and r beny (you might remember him from his excellent remix on the Celebrity Bloodsport album), and so if you'd like to buy all 3 together as a batch on CD or tape, you'd best head here.
Looking back, this all happened really fast - I first contacted Steven at the label in May, as I had a whole heap of new stuff I'd been working on, and wondered if he'd be into putting it out. We talked a little, and then constructed Outland for him.
It's so funny, as this one is actually a collection of stuff I'd had sitting around with no real home, so to have it on this massive label is a real nice thing to happen. I usually have very definite ideas about how an album will look and sound when I start putting stuff together, but for whatever reason, the tracks on here just didn't sit right with the stuff I'd been doing in that time. They had the juice, but just didn't play well with others. In fact, there was a very early version of No Knock No Doorbell which had a few of these tracks on.
So they sat around for a little bit whilst I did other stuff and other albums, until I started to think they'd probably gel together all as one album, which to my surprise, they very much did. And that was Outland.
But anyway, I digress.
I hope you enjoy it, and see you later this month for that Jo Quail gig, and then again in February for that headline show at the KCC in Shipley.
No comments:
Post a Comment