Out today, not specifically to coincide with Bandcamp Friday, but it's a nice coincidence, is this collection of 3 EPs I did under my own name back in 2013.
To help release the first Ghosting Season stuff way back when, we'd kicked off our own little mini-label called This Is It Forever (named after the Hood song of the same name) and then as time went by, we decided to broaden the scope of it and start releasing other bits and bobs and make it a little cottage industry.
It lasted like that for quite a while, and it was really nice to be a part of something, a little mini underground DIY scene full of weird and wonderful packaging, helping friends release things, getting our own experiments out there, cultivating a fanbase, etc. it was nice!
Anyway, these three were part of that. It'd been the first time I put music together by myself for a long time, and it felt really good to get some ideas out there that probably weren't going to be used for Season/ satan stuff and have no pressure on what they were.
![]() |
| Me playing live solo in London, 2014 |
![]() |
| Me playing live solo in Manchester, 2014-ish |
Looking back from 2026, it's mad how I let these things loose without much thought haha! The mixing on some of these tracks was *diabolical* so I went back in and fixed them with the knowledge I've gathered over the past 13 years (although some would that's not much lol) and freshly re-mastered them too, as again, some of them sounded pretty ropey by today's standards.
Musically, they're all a little scrappy, a little rough around the edges and not totally fully formed yet, but then again, that's what they were supposed to be - just little ideas, and getting them out was better than doing nothing. Fotograf is the ambient one (part 2 was featured a lot on Adam Curtis films from Bitter Lake onwards, Curtis-heads), Instruktion was me trying to do synthy krautrock and Manuskript was my foray into brittle electronics (with a great big dollop of jungle at the end)
But anyway, I very much hope you enjoy em, it was a lot of fun going back in on these things and I guess it's a fun way of charting how far satan has come.


No comments:
Post a Comment